- This event has passed.
NEW MONTHLY WINE TASTING EXPERIENCES
June 1 - October 31
Cinder House at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis now offers a special wine tasting experience that will rotate selections monthly with a changing focus on different regions, varietals and seasonality. Created by the Hotel’s Advanced Sommelier Anthony Geary, the program is designed to give guests the opportunity to taste new wine, grow their knowledge and expand their palate. The restaurant’s team of wine professionals will be on hand to help guests choose and discuss the selections with guests.
This month, the menu features Australian wines, which Geary feels are “underrated in value, and are some of the most technically well-made wines in the entire world.” According to Geary, “Australian climate can be incredibly unforgiving and winemakers have come up with creative approaches that translate to new experiences in the glass.”
For May 2023 the menu focuses on California cabernet sauvignon. “California has a wide range of cabernet styles, each of which have different places at the table in terms of food pairing. These are a perfect companion to enjoy with Cinder House’s wood-fired meats,” says Geary.
- Ravel and Stitch Cabernet, Central Coast – USD 15 glass / USD 55 bottle
- RouteStock Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley – USD 20 glass / USD 80 bottle
- Le Pich Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley – USD 45 / USD 160 bottle
As summer officially begins, the June offerings shine a light on French rosé:
- NV Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut Rose – USD 14 / USD 55 bottle
- Chateau Miraval Cotes De Provence Rose, 2021 – USD 20 / 70 bottle
- Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel Rose 2021 – USD 22 / 78 bottle
Themes for future tastings include:
- July – Old World Whites
- August – Italian Flight
- September – Pinot Noir
- October – Duckhorn Vineyards Wine Flight
- November – Thanksgiving Wines
- December – Holiday Celebration Wines
Geary leads the Hotel’s wine program and is responsible for achieving its many accolades to date. This includes winning the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator for the third consecutive year on behalf of the Hotel’s Cinder House restaurant. Geary was also named 2022 Food & Beverage Professional of the Year by Missouri’s chapter of The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International. With these accolades and a robust sommelier team of three, Geary continues to close in on his goal of creating the top wine program in Missouri and beyond.